"Learning while producing" is the International Polytechnic approach to education. IPoly's college preparatory program is project-based: students work in interdisciplinary, collaborative groups to apply learning to real-world situations. Each project is constructed to:
- Include a rigorous academic curriculum
- Incorporate Common Core State Standards and Next Generation Science Standards
- Satisfy University of California & California State University course requirements
- Achieve school-to-career objectives
- Community service/service learning opportunities
The core curriculum at IPoly is based on California State Department of Education standards, and meets the UC A-G requirements. It prepares students for high school graduation and college entrance requirements.
Students may also earn general education college credits at Cal Poly Pomona or local community colleges, which are transferable to other universities. In 2017-18, we added six Dual Enrollment courses, which allows students to take transferable college courses taught by Mt. SAC professors on IPoly's campus.