Students who attend IPoly High School have the privilege of taking courses at Cal Poly Pomona during the eleventh and twelfth grade. To participate, students must maintain a cumulative academic GPA of 3.0 or above. The cost per semester is $10 for tuition and any associated costs for books and materials.
It is highly recommended that students select general education courses and/or introductory courses to potential fields of interest.
Students desiring to take math courses will take either of the following steps:
- Score ≥550 on the SAT Reasoning Test in math.
- Register for the MDPT test at Cal Poly to determine the appropriate math placement level.
Procedures for registration are as follows:
- Pick up a Young Scholars registration packet from the counseling office.
- Submit the completed packet to the IPoly counselor each semester.
- You will be assigned a Bronco ID by Cal Poly and once assigned, you can create your account. For classes you wish to take, contact the professor by email or by visiting during office hours. You are not allowed to leave the IPoly campus during school hours to obtain signatures. If the professor’s office hours occur during the IPoly school day contact Mr. Anapol to see what type of arrangements can be made.
- During Young Scholar final exam week, you will need to provide proof of the exam day and time if it occurs during the IPoly school day.